Adds a sidebar widget that display interesting, useless, weird and wonderful random fun facts.
Download the plugin here: Fun Facts (141.98 kB)
- To install the plug-in:
- Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /fun-facts/ folder and the files
- Using an FTP program, upload the full /fun-facts/ folder to your WordPress plugins directory (Example: /wp-content/plugins)
- Go to Plugins > Installed and activate the plugin.
- To add the widget:
Go to Appearance > Widgets, add the widget to the sidebar of your choice and save.
- To use the shortcode:
Simply add [fun-facts] to your posts or your pages.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I add my own fun facts?
There is an easy interface built in the plugin to add your own fun facts. Go to Settings > Fun Facts to do that. Add one fun fact per line without HTML code. HTML encoded characters are OK.
- Is the plugin compatible with versions of WordPress ealier to 2.8?
No. Because of the new widget implementation, you need to use WordPress 2.8 or later. If you are using an earlier version of WordPress, you can try using Fun Facts version 1.0 but, really, you should upgrade.
- How can I support this plugin?
If you enjoy this plugin and would like to help with the development, please consider donating. Otherwise, spread the word, report bugs and give this plugin a good rating.
- How do I report a bug?
If you find any bugs with the plugin or if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment to let me know.
The current version of the plugin is 2.0
The plugin requires WordPress to be at least version 2.8
The plugin has been tested with wordpress version up to 2.8.2
- Compatibility check with WordPress 2.8.2
- New [fun-facts] shortcode
- New WordPress 2.8 widget structure
- Initial release
- To do
- Add localization.
- Add code to allow the widget to be inserted anywhere in a template or a page.