No Disposable Email
This plugin prevent people from registering with a disposable email addresses like the ones provided by mailinator. It protects your most important asset, your registered user base, by preventing contamination by fake accounts. This plugin working principle is similar to spam blacklists.
Download the plugin here: No Disposable Email (59.7 kB)
Installation is fast and easy. The following steps will get you started:
- Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /no-disposable-email/ folder and the files
- Using an FTP program, upload the full /no-disposable-email/ folder to your WordPress plugins directory (Example: /wp-content/plugins)
- Go to Plugins > Installed and activate the plugin
Frequently Asked Questions
The plugin doesn’t work!!!
Using the System information plugin, check the version of PHP running on your server. If the version of PHP you are running is lower than 5.x, the plugin will not work. The way that WordPress deals with errors that are sent back during the registration process doesn’t work with earlier versions of PHP (4.4.9 for example). I opened a ticket in the WordPress bug database to ask for a correction. You can vote for that ticket (number #10672) to rise the issue with the WordPress team.
How can I support this plugin?
If you enjoy this plugin and would like to help with the development, please consider donating. Otherwise, spread the word, report bugs and give this plugin a good rating.
How do I report a bug?
If you find any bugs with the plugin or if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment to let me know.
The current version of the plugin is 2.4.1
The plugin requires WordPress to be at least version 2.5
The plugin has been tested with wordpress version up to 2.8.2
- Added activity log
- Further compatibility improvements with some versions of php
- Improved compatibility with some versions of php
- Compatibility check with WordPress 2.8.2
- Compatibility check with WordPress 2.8.1
- Blacklist update
- Compatibility check with WordPress 2.8
- Minor localization work
- Added a setting page that allow easy customization of the error message and the blacklist
- The plugin now use the SQL database
- Blacklist update
- Files are now UTF-8, no BOM
- Initial release
- Move the log to the database
- Add log visualization on the setting page
- Add the number of registration stopped to the right now panel on the dashboard